It is fortunate that Fiona Handbury, the superb photographer behind the lens capturing family moments that matter with natural simplicity and a fine art finish, shares her skills and experience, giving back to photographers.
After studying forensic photography at RMIT University Fiona worked and travelled until the birth of my first child. Since then I’ve been fortunate to study with some of the world’s best newborn, portrait and wedding photographers, developing my own signature style which is clean, honest, beautiful and heartfelt.
Fiona relishes each precious photographic opportunity, each snap of the shutter capturing life’s iconic moments and takes pride connecting with the people she is shooting, creating intimate relationships where he subject can be themselves.
If you admire Fiona’s award-winning style and would like to know more about how to develop your photography, contact us to see if she is available to speak at your event, mentor you, or if there is space at our next training session.
Fiona Hanbury is a council member for the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) and judges the AIPP awards and various Macedon Ranges photographic competitions.
Fiona has been sponsored by Nikon to speak at various events including the Brighton festival of photography and has presented at numerous camera clubs including Melbourne, Warrigal and Macedon Ranges camera clubs.
I have been fortunate to have not only formally studied the intricacies of scientific photography, but have had excellent mentors and teachers over the years. As I am now an experienced career photographer, I relish the opportunity to give back, mentoring and teaching photographers the finer points of what I have learned and discovered.
Every session covers camera and lens selection, setting up your Nikon for the best results. The following sessions are available for one-on-one mentoring or group workshops in our studio in Sunbury:
Family Photography where participants learn:
– how to tell the family story
– how to support the family
– why choosing a location is half the story
– selecting an outdoor location
– setting up an indoor studio shoot
– lighting (including strobe set-up)
– posing & styling
– clothing and coaching for clothing selection
Newborn Photography where participants learn:
– posing newborns safely*
– posing parents
– settling newborns, wind & tricky situations
– prop selection & use
– preparation & styling
– what sells
– pricing for profit
* Posing newborns is a safety issue in which I have speciality training from a paediatric physiotherapist.
Corporate Headshots where participants learn:
– ideal equipment and staging
– setting up an on-site location shoot
– studio corporate set-up
– lighting for corporate photography
– the differences between posing men and women*
– body language including mouth, jaw, stance, shoulder height & direction
*there are techniques to ensure women photographs with confidence without looking bitchy or sexy
Get In Touch
the Garage Studio
22 Casey Avenue, Sunbury
Macedon Ranges Victoria 3429
t. +61 3 9740 2009